Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thomas "Thunder" Keller



So I am an active poster on Thunder Kellers site and one of the moderators. It is a great site to talk and learn about poker. It's not as large as FCP, Negreanu's site but the main difference btw the two is that Thunder's site is friendly. While many of us post on FCP and 2+2, tk.com is void of flaming and trolling. We all get along great and we all learn from each other whether one of us a pro or one us is a novice starting out. So if you are looking for such a friendly atmosphere then please check it out. I trust that you will find it enjoyable and beneficial.

Anyway, we hold Squadron Tournaments every Tuesday night at 10:05pm EST. Our first "season" we played about 16 NLHE tournies. I was very lucky to do well in almost all of them despite playing against some very good players. I just received my prize for finishing 1st in that season.

Really cool of Thomas to do that. Being a semi-signed and hard to find book collector, I am pleased to add this to my collection of signed Martin Amis and Alex Garland books. And many uncorrected proofs.

Now we are currently in the second season. This season is a ton more difficult due to it's structure. We are playing 8 rounds of what we call the TSSOP (Thunder Squadron Series of Poker). Here is the run down:

1. NL Hold'em
2. PL Omaha (High)
3. Limit Hold'em
4. Limit Stud/8
5. PL Hold'em
6. Limit Stud
7. Limit Omaha/8
8. NL Hold'em

We are having round 5 next Tuesday. It's been fun so far. Currently in 2nd behind the ever powerful Ray. I will get him though. I promise. :)

No comments: