Monday, July 10, 2006

Just Tell Me, Don't Make it a Game

So we have this tenant in the apartment complex I work at. Type of guy you love and hate all at the same time. You love him because he has no life whatsoever so he has time to sit in front of his apartment window with a gallon of OJ and watch what everyone is doing and call the cops the minute something happens he dislikes. But you hate him because he is the type of person who snoops all day and calls the cops or me for any little damn thing that happens.

So today he stops by the office to tell me someone in the building next to him is playing music too loudly at 3pm in the afternoon. Okay. So it's not even in your building but you are going to complain. All right. Went over there, no biggie. If it was 2am maybe it would be too loud but barely.

20 minutes later he stops back after he walk around the complex.

Tool: Since when is the pool available for non-tenants

Joyce: It isn't

Tool: Are you sure about that?

Me: Yes, we are sure, as it states in the lease, the pool is for tenants only.

Tool: Oh, so I have to follow the rules but other tenants don't. That is nice.

Me: *sigh* Are you trying to tell me something Bob?

Tool: Yeah, I want to know why other people can break the rules around here but I cannot.

Me: Obviously you see non-tenants at the pool. I am in the office and so is Joyce, we can't be two places at one time. If you see non-tenants at the pool then just tell me. I will gladly go kick them out. But I don't appreciate what you are trying to insinuate here.

Tool: What am I insinuating?

Me: You know what you are doing. As I said, all you have to do is let one of us know and we will take care of it. We don't need to go through this, "they are allowed to break rules but I can't" game.

Tool: *storms out of office*

So Joyce goes to the pool to check it out. Ha! Little back-story here. These two gentleman lived above the Tool. The Tool was in here week after week complaining about the noise they made while showering,vacuuming, music, TV, etc. There were threats between the two and it got ugly. We moved the two guys to the other side of the complex away from the Tool. Even when they were moved, Tool demanded to know which apartment they were in for some reason. Maybe to harass them more. I don't know. We never told him.

Well at the pool was the two guys with a few of their friends. They were asked to leave and did so without confrontation.

Tool only complained because it was the two guys he hates. Petty idiot.

No comments: