Friday, July 07, 2006

Higher Pay for Fast Food Employees

Yup, you read that right. I want to see fast food employees get paid more money. There are stings attached to that and I will get to those in a minute.

I am tired of getting "mal-orders". That is my word for it. Sort of like malpractice when the doc doesn't do his job right, well getting the wrong order from a fast food restaurant is a "mal-order". L

Last night I got a pretty creative mal-order from the Taco Bell down the street. I pull up to the drive-thru window and state my order:

Bean Burrito
Nacho Supreme
Burrito Supreme, no tomatoes
Nacho Bell Grande, no tomatoes
Large Pepsi

This one had one of them nice screens that shows your order and as with every visit I make sure the screen is correct. It was. So I get to the window, pay, and drive home.

I get home and we start dishing out the food. I take the Bell Grande and the burrito that says Burrito Supreme on it and my wife takes the burrito that says bean burrito and he Supreme Nacho's. Minutes later she says, "I think this burrito is yours, though it has tomatoes". What? No way. Idiots. Then I take it and I take a sip of my nice cold Pepsi and it is Dr. Pepper. I hate, despise, loathe, Dr. Pepper. I grab the receipt to see what is up and it isn't even my receipt. *sigh*

So here is the run down of the mal-order;

Burrito Supreme, no tomatoes, is wrapped in a Bean Burrito Wrapper and has tomatoes.
Bean Burrito is wrapped in a Burrito Supreme wrapper.
Pepsi is a Dr. Pepper.

So, whatever. Stuff happens. No biggie. But it got me thinking. We need to pay fast food employees more so this stuff doesn't happen. Pay then $15-$20 an/hour and you need a college degree to get hired. That way you will greatly reduce the amount of mistakes that occur because you won't have uneducated, high school drop out donks taking and filling your orders. The pay is good enough to get intelligent people to apply and might actually take their job a little more seriously than that burn-out pot smoking, 8th grade education, tool bag.

Just an idea.

No comments: