Friday, October 13, 2006

Getting a Telemarketer to Hang Up On You

I am still a little shocked that I just got hung up on by a telemarketer. He seemed angry but I was actually not being mean. It was all so surreal to be honest. Phone rings and I answer it.

Me: , how may I help you?

Him: Hi, this is Sean, can I ask who the Propery Manager is, please?

Me: , What can I help you with.

Him: Can I speak to him please.

Me: I am sorry he is not in, can I take a message.

Him: When do you expect him in?

Me: He doesn't work in this office, I can take a message.

Him: He doesn't work there? Please tell me how I can get a hold of him.

Me: No he doesn't, I can take a message and forward it to him for you.

Him: (long pause) I don't really have a message.

Me: (waits)

Him: So just tell me how to get a hold of him...

Me: Sure, leave your message with me and I will gladly forwa--

Him: *sigh*

Wow, that was easy. He was clearly getting frustrated with me but I was being totally honest with him. He doesn't work in this office, he works from home. I am not giving this guy who fails to tell me who he even works for my boss' home number. Pfft, no way. All he had to do was give me a number and I would have emailed it to my boss. Oh well. That was fun.

No comments: