Friday, September 15, 2006

DC Trip Day: 3



Today was the last day my Mom and grandmother were in town and so we had a lot to see before the sun went down. We started out by heading out to Mt. Vernon, the home of George Washington. Eh, nothing all the great. Some houses and his mansion. The tour was completely lackluster and done very poorly. We took a walk to his crypt and then headed off.

Next stop was the National Zoo to see the Pandas. Only one Panda was out but it was exciting for my mom since every time she has gone to see a Panda it was never there. I was sad to see that the Kangaroo I saw last year had passed away. He was quite old last year and he was gone. I was pretty bummed about that. Saw lots of cool animals and got some great video.

Liz and I are celebrating our 4th year anniversary on Thursday (day 4) so my mom and grandmother wanted to take us out to dinner. We headed off to Austin Grill. We loved this place last year and was very happy to finally find it on Day 3, even though we were looking for it since we got to DC. Had a good dinner there and then headed to see the White House at night. We go a parking spot near the back of the WH and headed over to view it. Then were promptly kicked out at as he was starting his stupid speech. Guess he worries of hecklers who are about 600 yards away from the window at night. Whatever. Glad I missed the speech as I heard it was same old same old GW.

After that we dropped them off and headed back to our hotel for a good nights rest to prepare for the busy upcoming days.

No comments: